Spring is the perfect time to experiment with fashion as the days will mix warm and cool weather, allowing you to try on different looks. You’re probably excited to take out your hot weather staples like shorts and sleeveless tops, but you may need to pair your look to stay warm. Whatever your style preference, you can create a fun and easy spring look for any occasion. Just remember to prepare for all those April rains by bringing an umbrella!
Methods to dress up for spring
- Choose floral patterns and pastel colors to celebrate the season. It’s time to put away your darker complexions and winter complexions. Spring is the time when nature blooms, so look for fabrics with flowers, leaves, and yellow flowers. Also, choose lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen when the weather is hot. Floral prints like daisies or pansies are lovely for spring. Similarly, pale yellow, lavender, pale pink and sky blue are the best colors of spring.
- For a basic choice, put on a plain, light-weight dress. A timeless spring outfit that never goes out of style is a dress. Choose a mini or thigh-length dress for a cute weekend look, or wear a knee-length or midi dress if you want something a little more girly. If it is hot outside, leave your feet open. If it’s cold out, put on a pair of opaque tights. For more fun, choose a bright color that blends with your outfit. Tip: The maxi dress is a lovely spring style because it is flowy and light, but still covers the skin well. If you want a spring look then wear maxi dress which is a bit warm too.
- Keep it simple with a top and shorts or a skirt. T-shirts are great for spring, but you may also prefer cotton or linen tops. Pair your top with shorts for an effortless look. 5″ (13 cm) shorts are a great length to suit a variety of body types. If you want to dress up, choose a pretty skirt. Try a plain T-shirt with shorts, a miniskirt or a midi skirt. Wear a logo or denim skirt with a striped T-shirt or denim shorts. Pair your printed short or sleeveless top with khaki shorts, denim shorts or flowy skirts.
- Pair your polo shirt with khakis or jeans. A polo shirt is great for a casual look at work or on the weekend. Choose a polo shirt in a bright, fun color like pastel. Wear it over khaki trousers, denim trousers or shorts. For example, you might wear a salmon-colored polo shirt, long khaki trousers, and a brown belt to work. For a fun day out, pair a bright yellow polo with a pair of denim shorts.
- If it’s cold outside, wear long pants instead of shorts or skirts. Spring is a transitional season, so there will still be chilly weather for some days. If it’s cold outside, cover more skin with pants. Try denim or khakis for an easy option that’s great for spring. Jeans and khakis are suitable for both weekend and everyday work. However, you can also try white pants or solid pastel colors.
- Wear sandals on a hot spring day. With the onset of hot weather, sandals are back in fashion. Choose high-end sandals for a business or formal look. If you prefer something more casual, wear walking sandals.
- Choose sneakers for a casual look. Sneakers are a popular spring style that look great with any casual outfit. White sneakers are a staple of the season, but you can also experiment with colors. Pair sneakers like a Converse low top with shorts and a T-shirt or a solid colored dress. Wear white sneakers with a polo and shorts, jeans or even a dress.
- Play with bright decorations. You don’t have to wear jewelry to look stylish, but it can be a fun way to enhance your style. For spring, choose bright ornaments that remind you of the season. Play with necklaces, bracelets and earrings. If you are creating a casual look, choose a few pieces to complete your look. You can wear a bangle bracelet or a long necklace with earrings. Tip: You can also wear jewelry to work, but keep it simple. You can wear a pair of colorful stud earrings or pendants on a chain.
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses. Since spring brings warmer weather, you are likely to spend more time outside. Make sure you wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Choose a pair of sunglasses that offer 100% UV protection. Large frames are usually a beautiful look for spring.
Read also: imginn
Professional Looks in spring
Read to know how to dress up for spring professionally.
- Choose a blouse or button-down shirt in light clothing. You might find yourself sweating in the work clothes you’ve been wearing all winter, so it’s time to get rid of the thin clothes. Choose breathable, flowing tops that will keep you cool on a hot day. Look for fun floral prints along with lighter colors like whites and pastels.
For example, you can choose a white shirt with khaki trousers or a khaki skirt. Just make sure your white shirt isn’t visible! If you like patterns, you can try paisley print blouses or button downs. Similarly, you can try a floral linen top in a pastel color scheme. If you love feminine blouses, try a top panel over a tank top for a classic warm-weather look.
- Choose khaki, grey, brown or linen trousers for work wear. Try to avoid dark colors in spring as lighter colors are more popular this season. Instead, build your work wardrobe around light-colored trousers. Khaki is the obvious choice and comes in a variety of colors, from creamy white to dark brown. You can try plain or checkered gray or brown trousers as well as light linen trousers. For instance, you may pair light gray checkered slacks with a white button-down shirt. Similarly, you can pair a pastel colored plaid shirt with khaki trousers. Tip: You can also try pastel colored pants if you are feeling playful. For example, a lovely pair of pink pants would look great with everything from a white button-down shirt to an appropriate gray T-shirt.
- Try a midi skirt for a cute spring work look. Midi skirts will be placed between the knees and ankles, so this is a very professional style. Pair your midi skirt with a well-fitted t-shirt or blouse. If your skirt is patterned then choose a solid colored top or if your skirt is solid colored then choose a patterned top.
For example, you can wear a floral midi skirt with a pretty pink blouse or a solid purple midi skirt with a paisley print top.
- Experiment with Caprice to stay cool and professional. If your workplace allows, Caprice is a great choice for spring. Choose from khaki, grey, pastel or plaid capri pants for a professional look. Pair your capris with a button-down top or blouse. For example, you can wear a white short-sleeved button-down shirt and lavender or gray plaid capri pants. You can also pair sleeveless blouse with capri pants.
Read more : How To Dress Simple But Stylish
Wear flats to accentuate your outfit while still being comfortable. Flashy flats are very flexible shoes because you can wear them with almost anything. Choose them for everyday work shoes. Choose a neutral color or experiment with spring colors and patterns. You can pair flats with khaki pants and a button-down shirt. If you wear dresses and skirts, flat shoes are perfect. Hopefully now you know how to dress up for spring.